Sunday, January 10, 2010

Wine "Pearing"

Here we are my second attempt at adding to my blog!



Since we did a local red wine last week, I thought we would do a local white wine this week.

Victoria made the decision easy for me because when we were working on the blog last weekend, she mentioned that she needed to come by the shop to get a bottle of a white wine she had at one of my tastings. She thinks it will be great with a pork dish that she makes, Roasted Pork Loin with Juniper and Herbs from Melissa Clark's cookbook, Chef Interrupted.

This white wine is made by Brookview Station Winery




and is called Oh What a Pear!




Another comment a customer made about this particular wine is it would make a nice wedding gift because of the name...which had never crossed my mind until then. Think about "pearing" it with some wine glasses.





Or some fabulous Harry & David Royal Riviera Pears.




A sign of elegance and luxury, Pear Wine was a favorite of ancient Rome. Now, as fruit wines are coming back into fashion, Oh What a Pear! is Brookview Station Winery's Hudson Valley twist on the ancient Roman favorite. A very pleasant semi-dry wine that's refreshing, light, and fruity, this wine "pears" nicely with cheeses, light dishes, and, I am sure, roast pork. This wine retails for $15.99. Mention that you saw it on my blog and receive 10% off.

No comments:

Post a Comment